Windows 7 is a very good platform that excels in appearance and performance. The tools and utilities Windows 7 hold make it a personal favorite for many computer user. Windows 7 has inbuilt support for many devices. Since new gadgets, with the option of computer syncing and connectivity are being released every single day, Windows 7 won’t be able to detect many of the new devices. Don’t sweat if your device cannot be installed by Windows 7. There are a lot of options Redmond Professionals have packed Windows with, to solve these sort of simple, yet irritating problems. Windows Help and Support Center provides you info on both devices and drivers.
There are a lot of drivers designed by the OEM to install the devices in Windows 7 and its counterparts like Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.When Windows 7 fails to install a device, it’s because it doesn’t have any drivers required for the device, not even the basic ones. So, what you have to do is, insert the Driver CD provided by the manufacturer and install the driver.
What is a Driver?
A driver is the program that helps the Windows Platform in communicating with the external and internal hardware devices. If a driver is absent or not up to date, the device won’t work properly. In most cases Windows 7 detects the device as an unknown one.
If I don’t have the Driver CD what will I do?
If you don’t have a driver CD provided by the manufacturer, just follow the instructions given below:
1. Power ON your PC and wait for Windows 7 OS to load.
2. After the Windows 7 desktop is loaded, open any browser and navigate to the Official site or the Support site of the Device Manufacturer. In the Support section in the website, search for the device drivers.
3. Download the driver for Windows 7 and install it. You should connect the Device to the system before installing the driver.
4. Restart the system and connect the device.
1. After the Windows 7 desktop is loaded, connect the device to the computer. Make sure you are connected to the internet.
2. Windows 7 will try to install the device using the related drivers in the database. Since there are no related drivers, Windows 7 will connect to the Microsoft online and download the drivers. It will install the drivers. Restart the PC after the driver installation.
In case you come across any problems during the installation, troubleshoot them with the help of Windows Help center.