After prolonged usage, it is normal that your computer starts to turn out to be troublesome and it may affect the performance of your computer. It is the same with your computer monitor. With time, you may notice that your monitor experiences problems such as horizontal lines, flickering monitors and other display issues. According to our tech support team, these issues are mainly because of outdated device drivers, malfunctioning hardware and device-to-system incompatibilities. In most of the cases, these issues are easy to detect. However, in some cases, it can take a long time. Well, given below are some simple instructions from our IT support team that will help you fix horizontal lines problem with your computer.
- You can begin the process by launching the Windows Start menu. For this, you need to click on the Start button that is located on the left side bottom corner of your computer screen. This will open up a list of Start menu options.
- Next up, you need to click on the icon that is labeled by Control Panel from the Start menu. This will open up the Control Panel window on your computer screen from which you need to click on the option that reads Appearance and Themes.
- Now, you need to click on the Display option and then click on the tab that is named as Settings. After that, you need to click on the Troubleshoot button and then follow the onscreen instructions. If the problem persists, go to the next step.
- Once you do that, you need to go back to the Control Panel window and click on the option that is named as Performance and Maintenance and then select the System.
- Following which you need to go to the Hardware tab and then click on the option that is named as Device Manager.
- After that, you need to click on the Display Adapters option listed under the console tree and select your active monitor.
- Click on the General tab of the hardware malfunctioning hardware and choose the Driver tab. Click on the Update Driver option.
- Go to the Windows Catalog and download a compatible driver.
Now, that was some information to fix the horizontal lines on your computer. For any further information on this, please do get in touch with our IT support team.